Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We're Coming Home!

~trying for the famous "red couch picture"~
~Gracie waiting patiently (or not) for the others~
"I can do this by myself!"
She thinks she's a big girl standing by herself.
Not very ladylike, but precious all the same. :)

"Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!" - Dr. Seuss

Yes! You heard that right - We're Coming Home! Goodbye, China!


We have just finished up all of the packing that we can do tonight. We are leaving our hotel at 5:15 in the morning, which will be 4:15 Tuesday afternoon (Memphis time). If all goes as planned we will be back in Memphis by 6:30 Wednesday evening, so basically a 26 hour ordeal with about 19 - 20 hours in the air with wiggle worm. :) Once we are home, Gracie officially becomes a U.S. citizen!!


I will update again once we are home and settled back in.


2 comments:

melanie, aka Mo said...

Hi Tammy.. I am one of Dawn's friends and followed a link to your blog. I am an adoptive parent too! And of a little GIRL! Number two should be arriving in the next week or so! It is something that can't be described. Have fun, dear mom. I wish you luck and Love! Melanie

Anonymous said...

Hello! Been following your journey from early on with sweet Hanna through now. Thanks so much for sharing about going for Gracie! Been checking it every day. I can't wait to hear about your plane ride back (was praying hard for you! :) )andabout how Gracie has been adjusting at home. I can just imagine how much she has been getting loved on! One day this little one will realize how very blessed to have the Mommy and Daddy that she does. It was so easy to see in the pictures and videos you posted how much in love you both are with her! And, you are right - she is absolutely goregous! (and surely smart and fun as can be!) Continuing to pray. I'm sure these days are full...will be waiting (patiently! -- at least I'll try :) ) to an update!