Sunday, August 10, 2008

We Have Her!!!



I had planned on updating this daily, but so far that’s just not the way things have worked out. Oh well, the good news is......

We have her!!!! She looks healthy, beautiful, perfect in every way. Of course, we think she’s just the cutest baby in the group, but I guess all the parents feel that way. :) She has a head full of hair! Although it was not exactly love at first sight for her, it certainly was for us! Then again, we’ve been in love since May 12.

We were in the China Civil Affairs office when they brought all of the babies in at once. There were 5 families in our group. Well, the screaming started immediately (yes, all 5 babies). That did not, however, stop the nannies from handing them right over. It was complete chaos for about 20 minutes. These poor babies! They are being handed over to complete strangers. I felt so sad for them, but yet happy, too - all at the same time. I know it’s the very best thing for each of them. It was just quite emotional for everyone as you can imagine.

We did not find out until yesterday that Gracie has been in foster care for the past 6 months. She has been out on some farms, so they warned us on the bus that they would have mosquito/bug bites. We really didn’t notice it right away because she had 4 layers of clothing on. Yes, I did say 4! We discovered them when we changed her into her pajamas. It was really sad to see a 10 month old baby scratching her chest. I didn’t even know babies could do that. We will certainly be glad to get her home and get rid of those nasty bites.

By the end of the evening, she had warmed up to us a little. David even managed to get a laugh out of her. She is a VERY busy baby! She is certainly going to keep us on our toes. We are already wondering how in the world we are going to manage the plane ride home. It will be interesting.

I will try to post some more tomorrow if I can. It’s been quite a day!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so exciting ! She looks happy !
brent and trudi

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to hold her!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! love Trudi

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. Not only have you received an amazing gift, but little Gracie has too, being brought into your wonderful family with a Mommy and Daddy who will love her so much. Praying for our plane ride home. I can imagine! God is good. Welcome Gracie!

(and know that Hanna is remembered always. I think her memory and legacy will be honored in your loving of this baby girl!)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you do have her. How exciting!!! I know you all are both relived she is finally in your arms. Cant wait to meet Gracie!! Love you two!! Karen R.

Anonymous said...

Tammy and David,

I sat right here and CRIED when I saw those pictures of sweet Gracie and read your story. How precious!! I can hardly wait to meet her in person. She does not realize it yet, but she will soon find out what a BLESSED little girl she is to have such a wonderful family. (Now I've got to go change make-up to head to church!!! :)) Much Love!
Nellita

Dawn said...

She is just beautiful. I am so glad that you FINALLY have her. We can't wait to see her and hold her.

Looking forward to the next update.

Love all 3 of you!
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Tammy & David,
She is so sweet! I am so happy for your family! Ya'll so deserve to be able to love and raise another little one. I know Hanna must be smiling right now and so happy for all of you! I pray your flight home will go well. Looking forward to meeting Gracie!!! Love, Angie

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie! We are so happy for you! Can't wait to see her! Keep the pictures coming!
The Brown Family

Anonymous said...

Tammy I am sooo thrilled you are sharing with us. It makes her seem real to us too. She is a doll. I know you are enjoying this precious time with her.

Love,

Robin
LES

Anonymous said...

Tammy and David,
Monet and I just heard the good news about your new baby girl!!! Monet immediatly said " i want one!! See we can go to China and get me a baby sister. They need me." Maybe someday. It would be wonderful. I am so very happy for you both. You deserve all the happiness in the world and you are such a beautiful mama. She is truly blessed to have you as parents. I can't wait to meet (and photograph) her.
Lots of love to you
Sarah and Monet