Thursday, August 28, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I can’t believe we’ve been home for over a week now, and I’m just now getting to update! I’m sorry to have left everyone hanging about the plane ride home. It was actually better than we could have hoped. She did great considering we had to hold her for over 27 hours. Your prayers worked! Thank you!

I wish I could tell you how wonderful life has been since getting home. Don’t get me wrong – Gracie’s wonderful. It was just a long, hard week getting her settled into this new routine, new schedule, new life. Her days and nights were truly mixed considering China is 13 hours ahead. She hardly slept at all the first few days or nights. She became more and more increasingly exhausted, which meant extremely fussy. But, I am happy to announce that the last couple of days and nights have been much better, and we are beginning to see that sweet spirit emerge once again. Thank you, Lord.

I am still tired and it’s getting late so I will keep this short. I just wanted to let everyone know what’s been going on this last week. I began this blog to keep everyone updated on our trip, so I guess now that our trip is over the updates will likely come to an end. I do have many things that I would like to say about Gracie before I officially sign off, so maybe I can do that sometime this weekend. Thank you to everyone who left us messages. We check daily to see if there are any new ones. It has been fun communicating this way.

Oh, and yes, I will add some more pictures this weekend, too. :)

7 comments:

arbrashears said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
arbrashears said...

Oh Tammy -- please don't stop!!! Would you please, please consider continued updates about Gracie? I understand if they might only be monthly or whatever feels comfortable to you...but please, please consider continued updates! Would so much love to follow her pictures, continue to know how to pray for her, you, and your family. Just as I don't stop visiting Hanna's page and remembering her, would hate not being able to come here and check in on you, and Gracie, and this new love and life and blessing...Hanna's beautfiful little sister and the "grace" they share. Will you please think about it? Will you please post about if you'll think about it?

Thank you so much for everything you've shared. Thank you for opening your hearts and lives to your new baby daughter. Thank you for being you!

(had to delete my first message -- as I read back through had a couple of type errors that changed the meaning of what I meant. Sorry!)

Dawn said...

Oh no mam, you cannot stop updating. We are hooked now and have to keep checking in to see Gracie grow up. (Yes, I live around the corner from you, but I really want you to keep this going.)

I'll be over soon to see your new blessing soon.

Anonymous said...

You have to keep blogging Tammy! Don't do that to us -- you know we want updates! How about "Bringing up Gracie!"

mlydawn said...

Can't wait to see this beautiful girl! Emily Turner

Anonymous said...

Tammy and David. She is adorable!!! What fun it is going to be having a little one around. I can't wait to meet her. She's going to keep ya'll young. :)
Sherri

Anonymous said...

Please keep blogging we love gracie