Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pizza Hut

Poor baby! She missed out on pizza. :(

Today began really well. First of all, Gracie woke up smiling at us. She’s so sweet! And, we actually had some time off today, so we took a walk in the park. That was very interesting. The closest thing I can compare it to would be Central Park, but with many different sites. First of all, it was packed. For any park to be this crowded at home could only mean a carnival, concert, or holiday. This was late morning on a work day. There were many people doing "regular" park things, but there were many other things going on that we wouldn’t normally think about doing in a park. Of course, we saw Tai Chi, but there were also several groups doing ballroom dancing. Many people were just playing cards like we would do in our living rooms. Others were playing instruments, singing, all sorts of things. It was quite interesting. The pace in China is much slower, I think, than what we are used to. Although there are people and cars (crazy cars) everywhere, you just don’t get the sense that many people are rushing to do much of anything. We could probably take some lessons from them on that.

We had a treat for dinner tonight. Our guides took us to Pizza Hut!! I’m not even crazy about pizza, and I can’t even say that truthfully it was the best pizza ever, but it certainly seemed to be! Most of the women in our group were thrilled to be getting pizza. It was funny when our guide asked us who wanted to go. She said she needed to know how many so she could make reservations. How funny! However, when we got there, it wasn’t like our Pizza Hut except for the food. It was a very nice sit down restaurant with dressed up waitresses.

I said the day began well, because around dinner time tonight, Gracie got sick. Let’s just say no one was rushing to sit next to us. We were all stinky, especially David. :) She’s asleep now, so we are hoping it was just something she ate. She’s been through quite a lot in the past 2 days. I can’t imagine what she must be thinking. Whatever it is, though, I think she’s happy. She seems to have bonded with both of really well. Her way of affection is burying her head into you. Even though that’s really sweet, I want kisses! It makes me so sad to think she’s been in this world for 10 months with no kisses or hugs. She doesn’t even understand what I’m trying to do when I kiss her or hug her. Of course, we are working on that diligently. It won’t be long! I have to give her enough to make up for the last 10 months. :)

Thanks be to G– for this indescribable gift!
2 Cor. 9:15

3 comments:

Pepper said...

I did not know how to post on this or I would have done it a long time ago. I am in love already. She is SOOOO cute. I can't wait to hold her and kiss her. I have watched that video about eight times. I keep calling people and telling them to watch it. Miss you all and love y'all. Especially you David.

Bridget said...

My Kunming daughter was the same way - looked at me very strangely when I tried to kiss or hug her! She sure is a great cuddly, kissy, huggy thing now!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Shes too adorable, trade her out for a less cute girl, lol. Shes going to take all the attension of the family.
She's going to be so spoiled, I hope you know. Going to be worse than me, I remember being with maw maw (David and mines grandmother) and a woman asking my name, and I said "baby" she's going to be the new baby. :)