Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We have decided to start this blog in order to keep our friends and family updated on what is happening in the process of bringing Gracie home from China. We began this process 2 years ago, and on May 13 of this year, we finally got the call that we had a daughter! She was 7 months old at that time. We were thrilled! From that point on, there were only 2 more things we needed from China in order to be able to go get her. The first was an LOA (Letter of Acceptance), which came quickly on June 2nd. Next, all we needed was Travel Approval. That FINALLY came, and we found out that we will be China bound on August 7th! Gracie will be in our arms on August 10th. This is a very significant time of the year for us considering that we lost one of our daughters to cancer on August 9th four years ago. We believe this is just Hanna's (click here) way of smiling down on us and letting us know that she’s looking out for her little sister.

We are now only days away from meeting our daughter! It’s really amazing how in love we have all fallen with this little girl that we only have one small picture of and is half way around the world. But, our G-- is an amazing G--! We are thrilled beyond words that He has chosen this child to be a part of our family. What an honor! We cannot wait to meet her and hold her FOREVER!!

Feel free to check back as we will be journaling our experiences in China.

16 comments:

Julie said...

I (Easton's mom) have been faithfully checking your blog every day since reading Hanna's site and getting the link. I'm so excited for you all and anxious to hear about your adventure. What a blessing!

p.s. Yay me, first comment on Gracie's site!

Dawn said...

Hey Tammy. I am so glad that you got a post on here. I too have been checking regularly for a post.

Can't wait to meet your precious Gracie!

Anonymous said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. AND I KNOW HANNA'S HAPPY ALSO, MISSOURI

Anonymous said...

Tammy,David,Jason,Emily,and Andrew, I am so excited about this new addition to your family! She is precious and I know that God and Hanna have big plans for all of you and Gracie! She is so lucky to be chosen by such a sweet family! Tammy, It was great to talk to you the other night, we will definitely do better at keeping in touch! Love to all, Monica

Kelley said...

For years I followed your sweet Hanna's site. And though it's been 4 years since her passing, I still am pulled back there from time to time to check on her sweet family. Today as I checked and found your "Gracie link" I was so excite for you. I will remember you in prayer during this time and can hardly wait to read more about your journey to Gracie.

P.S. Would also love to hear an update on those sweet Bowen's as well.

Robin said...

I am very happy for you all, and I'm sure Hanna is very pleased!

cpinnow said...

Yeah! the day is finally here! By the way, Abigail was wearing her Hanna shirt today. She put her arms around herself and said, "Look, when I do this, it is almost like I am hugging Hanna!"
We can't wait to meet Gracie.

Blessed Family said...

I can't wait to follow your journey. I also am waiting for my son in China. I know what you mean about things happening on certain dates, I do think that is your daughter looking down on you. I lost a son at birth last year and it is amazing how things seem to happen on certain dates when I need a "sign" or something like that. I hope you have a wonderful trip and congratulations! Your blog looks great! Take care, Heidi

Lindy Kathleen said...

I am so happy for y'all and I know Hanna is too! Can't wait to meet Gracie!

Lindy Kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lorraine said...

I just read your blog - God has blessed you with a sweet girl from Kunming. My daughter, whom I waited 23 years for, is a Kunming sweetheart - the love of our lives! Have a wonderful time in that beautiful city! Take a walk around Green Lake for me!

Anonymous said...

OK,OK,OK,It's time for a post!! We want to know that you have that sweet baby in your arms! I am so excited and overwhelmed with my feelings and emotions right now and I can't even imagine how you guys are feeling. Yes, we difinetly miss that precious Hanna and at the same time we know that she is dancing with the angels and looking down on you and her new baby sister. LET US KNOW SOMETHING!!!

Anonymous said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! and I am sure by now that she has realized that God has put her in the BEST hands! I am always so humbled when I think about God picking me to be the mom of a "special child", and he has picked you two TWICE to parent special babies! WOW! I am really distressed that you are not able to post more often, but I guess we'll take what we can get, just give her hugs from all of us and update when you can. Love to All and lots of hugs and kisses to Gracie!

Anonymous said...

Ok Tammy, so do you get to the hold baby? (Looks like David is having all the fun!!!) Still so happy for all of you, thanks for the posts and pictures, keep them coming!!!

Anonymous said...

Tammy & David,

I am so happy for ya'll. Enjoy every precious moment with Hanna's sweet baby sister.

Thinking of you often,
Stacy Harrison

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl. I'm so happy for your family. Love you all!
Jenn